October 4, 2022
***HYBRID MEETING - IN-PERSON AND BY VIDEOCONFERENCE***
This meeting of the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors will be held in Chambers and by teleconference pursuant to Government Code Section 54953(e). Members of the public will be able to participate in the meeting remotely via the Zoom platform or in person in Board Chambers. For information regarding how to participate in the meeting, either in person or remotely, please refer to the instructions at the end of the agenda.
In addition, a video broadcast of the meeting can be viewed at https://sanmateocounty.legistar.com. Closed Captioning will be provided for all Board meetings. While watching the video broadcast, please scroll over the video and click “CC” to turn closed captions on.
The October 4, 2022 Board of Supervisors meeting may be accessed through Zoom online at https://smcgov.zoom.us/j/96623343138. The webinar ID is: 966 2334 3138. The October 4, 2022 Board of Supervisors meeting may also be accessed via telephone by dialing +1 669 900 6833 (Local). Enter the webinar ID: Webinar ID: 966 2334 3138, then press #. (Find your local number: https://smcgov.zoom.us/u/admSDqceDg). Members of the public can also attend this meeting physically in the Board Chambers at 400 County Center, Redwood City.
Live interpretation of this entire meeting will be provided in Spanish. To access live interpretation services, click the interpretation globe icon in your Zoom meeting /webinar controls and select Spanish.
*Please see instructions for written and spoken public comments at the end of this agenda.
*Spoken public comments will be accepted during the meeting in Chambers or remotely through Zoom at the option of the speaker. Public comments via Zoom will be taken first, followed by speakers in Chambers. If you only wish to watch the meeting and do not wish to address the Board, the Clerk requests that you view the meeting through Legistar.
Written public comments may be emailed in advance of the meeting. Please read the following instructions carefully:
- Your written comment should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your email should include the specific agenda item on which you are commenting, or note that your comment concerns an item that is not on the agenda or is on the consent agenda.
- Members of the public are limited to one comment per agenda item.
- The length of the emailed comment should be commensurate with the two minutes customarily allowed for verbal comments, which is approximately 250-300 words.
- If your emailed comment is received by 5:00 p.m. on the day before the meeting, it will be provided to the Members of the Board and made publicly available on the agenda website under the specific item to which your comment pertains. If emailed comments are received after 5:00p.m. on the day before the meeting, the Clerk will make every effort to either (i) provide such emailed comments to the Board and make such emails publicly available on the agenda website prior to the meeting, or (ii) read such emails during the meeting. Whether such emailed comments are forwarded and posted, or are read during the meeting, they will still be included in the administrative record.
In person Participation:
- If you wish to speak to the Board, please fill out a speaker ’s slip located in the box on the wall in the anteroom as you enter the Board Chambers. If you have anything that you wish distributed to the Board and included in the official record, please hand it to the Assistant Clerk of the Board who will distribute the information to the Board members and staff.
Via Teleconference (Zoom):
- The October 4, 2022 Board of Supervisors meeting may be accessed through Zoom online at https://smcgov.zoom.us/j/96623343138. The webinar ID is: 966 2334 3138. The October 4, 2022 Board of Supervisors meeting may also be accessed via telephone by dialing +1 669 900 6833 (Local). Enter the webinar ID: Webinar ID: 966 2334 3138, then press #. (Find your local number: https://smcgov.zoom.us/u/admSDqceDg). Members of the public can also attend this meeting physically in the Board Chambers at 400 County Center, Redwood City.
- You may download the Zoom client or connect to the meeting using an internet browser. If using your browser, make sure you are using a current, up-to-date browser: Chrome 30+, Firefox 27+, Microsoft Edge 12+, Safari 7+. Certain functionality may be disabled in older browsers including Internet Explorer.
- You will be asked to enter an email address and name. We request that you identify yourself by name as this will be visible online and will be used to notify you that it is your turn to speak.
- When the Board President or Clerk of the Board calls for the item on which you wish to speak, click on “raise hand.” At such time, the Clerk will announce the name of the last person whose hand was raised and that person will be the last verbal comment for that item. If any additional speakers queue up after the last-called speaker, you will be asked to email your public comment to email@example.com. During the public comment period, the clerk will activate and unmute speakers in turn. Speakers will be notified shortly before they are called to speak.