August 8, 2022
Last week we requested a meeting with the office of our County Supervisor, Dave Pine. They granted it but then we realized it was a Zoom meeting. On Friday we asked, and this morning they granted us an in-person meeting.
The meeting will be today, 8/8, at 4pm at Cafe 382 (at 382 Grand Ave. in SSF). If you can come, please do come and advocate for our community. While it was initially just a small meeting with just Matt & I, they did say we could invite others, so would love to see as many of you as can make it.
Talking Points, Please add/comment/discuss-
1) Want San Mateo Harbor District and the BCDC to recognize, that with the current displacement of Residents at OCM, an allowance of liveaboard allowed Berths at other Marinas in San Mateo County and elsewhere for all of those current full-time residents at Oyster Cove being displaced would ensure that the impact on them for this displacement necessary.
Could you use your influence to:
- Speak with Kilroy to negotiate a possible solution?
- Talk to BCDC to increase the 10%?
- Work with Harbor District to envelop OCM into its 2 other marinas?
2) Ensure a safe harbor for vessels as opposed to the fragile conditions for vessels at anchor-out.
3) Ensure the continuation of the low-cost/low-impact housing that these residents were secure in at Oyster Cove.
4) Ensure that the housing crisis is not made worse by the displacement of these residents looking for upland housing with the assistance of State County and Municipal assistance or worse, becoming anchor-outs or homeless.
5) In order to ease the transfer of vessels and resident vessels to a safe harbor, could they please use whatever leverage is possible to push Kilroy to keep the Marina open and accessible for a more reasonable period of time that will allow the transfer of vessels and vessel residencies.
6) Please consider a 'just cause' county ordinance to help these individuals at OCM.
7) Because marinas are naturally occurring public housing, why not think about expanding the Harbor District and consider the city/county creating another marina or two.
Hope some of you can make it!